Cara Landolfi is an associate of the firm, admitted to the New Jersey and Pennsylvania bars in 2012.
Cara is a graduate of Franklin and Marshall College in Lancaster, Pennsylvania, where she earned a bachelor's degree with a double major in Public Policy and Psychology. While at Franklin and Marshall, Cara was a member and captain of the Women's Basketball team.
After college, Cara attended Duquesne University School of Law in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania and graduated cum laude. During law school, Cara excelled at oral advocacy winning Duquesne's first year Outstanding Oral Argument award. Subsequently, she became a member of the Appellate Moot Court Board, which enabled her to further hone her advocacy skills. During her third year, Cara participated in an Electronic Discovery clinic and was award a Public Interest Fellowship.
Prior to entering private practice, Cara served as the judicial clerk in the Law Division to the Honorable John J. Langan, Jr., J.S.C., at the Bergen County Superior Court. She is currently a member of the Bergen County Bar Association, Young Lawyer’s Division.
- New Jersey, 2012
- Pennsylvania, 2012
- Duquesne University School of Law, Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
- J.D. - 2012
- Franklin and Marshall College, Lancaster, Pennsylvania
- B.A. Public Policy - 2009
- Major: Psychology
- Commercial Arbitration – Consumer Fraud - In the Matter of Brunelleschi Construction, LLC
Ms. Landolfi, with Mr. Kates, represented homeowners in arbitration proceedings against Brunelleschi Construction, LLC, which had contracted to renovate a home in Tenafly, New Jersey at a cost of $200,000+. The homeowners were awarded $857,894 by the arbitrator against Brunelleschi, as well as HGTV "Kitchen Cousins" John Colaneri of Ramsey and Anthony Carrino of Jersey City, who were principals or employees of Brunelleschi. The arbitration award on July 23, 2015 included the costs to remediate and complete the home improvements, as well as damages for consumer fraud.
Honors and Awards
- Cum Laude
- Outstanding Oral Argument, Spring
- Public Interest Law Fellowship, Summer
Professional Associations and Memberships
- New Jersey Bar Association
- Bergen County Bar Association
- Pennsylvania Bar Association
Past Employment Positions
- Hon. John J. Langan, Jr., J.S.C., Law Clerk, 08/2012 to 08/2013