Jack S. Zakim
- Of Counsel
Jack Zakim is a partner of Zakim & Zakim, P.C. and has been of counsel to Kates Nussman Ellis Farhi & Earle since 2005. He is also of counsel to the firm of Schulman Blitz, LP where he maintains a New York City office.
Jack is a graduate of the University of Cincinnati where he received his Bachelor of Arts degree in 1967. After enrolling in law school at the George Washington University National Law Center (GW) in Washington, D.C. for one year in 1967, Jack spent the next 3 years in the entertainment industry producing musical events in numerous venues before returning to G.W. law school where he received his juris doctor degree in 1973. Jack was admitted to practice in New Jersey, inclusive of the United States District Court for the District of New Jersey in 1973 and has been a continuous member of the Bergen County and New Jersey Bar Associations ever since.
Jack spent the first 25 years of his professional career running a successful solo practice with several associates. During the course of those 25 years Jack maintained a litigation and transaction practice with personal responsibility for a variety of disciplines. Thereafter Jack was a senior partner for 7 years at the firm of Kleeblat, Galler, Abramson, Davidson & Zakim in Hackensack, New Jersey where he concentrated on commercial transactions and commercial litigation, with an emphasis in commercial real estate.
In recent years Jack has devoted a substantial portion of his practice to commercial real estate transactions including leasing, financing, foreclosure, tax appeals, development, condemnation, sales and acquisitions, and counts among his clientele private and publicly held companies and local and regional institutional and private real estate lenders, developers and brokers.
Jack is a conscientious professional with a reputation amongst his peers as a dedicated and zealous advocate for his clients. Jack’s competitive nature as an advocate can be traced to his years as a competitive athlete. Jack was an N.C.A.A. all american swimmer and continues to foster his athletic prowess by competing in the United States Master Swimming Association meets and is consistently ranked nationally and internationally in several events. He also competes as a triathlete, in local and regional events throughout the year.
Jack has been active in many communal organizations and has served as a trustee in his synagogue, the Jewish Federation of North Jersey, the North Jersey YM/YWHA, and the Jewish Historical Society of North Jersey.
Areas Of Practice
- Real Estate
- Business Transactions
- Mortgage Lending
- Commercial Litigation
- Estate Litigation
- Tort Litigation
- New Jersey, 1973
- U.S. District Court District of New Jersey, 1973
- George Washington University National Law Center, Washington, District of Columbia
- University of Cincinnati , Cincinnati , Ohio
- B.A. - 1967
- Honors: Dean's List
- Ohloff v. Ohloff, 246NT5UPER1, APP.DIV, 1991
- Union Center National Bank
- Platinum Equities
- ConnectOne Bank, Millington Bank
- Premier Development, Prudential Bank
- Mercury Capital
Honors And Awards
- Legal Services of New Jersey Equal Justice Medal, 2019
Professional Associations And Memberships
- Bergen County Bar, Member, 1974 to Present
- NJ State Bar Association , Member, 2014 to 2016
Past Employment Positions
- Solo Practitioner , 1974 to 1999
- Kleblatt Galler Abramson Zakim & Davidson, Partner , 1999 to 2005
- Kates Nussman Rapone Ellis & Farhi, Of Counsel , 2005 to 2009
Pro Bono Activities
- Counsel for Several NonProfits, 1980 to Present
- Real Estate Development and Management